Monday, February 15, 2016

How to Make : Healthy Family Pasta

So we're in my kitchen today and I'm here with my mum. I'm gonna cook a recipe that mum use to cook us, our nana use to cook us when we were really little. It's a pastina recipe. Pastina is just hundreds and hundreds of tiny little pasta.

Which is perfect for kids and all the family can enjoy it, even the adults. Into our Pastina, we are going to put courgettes, an egg yolk, Parmesan cheese and some Olive Oil. It's just all of those little ingredients are full of nutrients. We loved this didn't we.

So into our boiling water, I'm gonna put two handfuls of Pastina. I've got lots of different Pastina here. Two different sizes. I'm gonna use the Stalina, which is the tiny, tiny, tiny little star and this recipe is for a baby who is starting to try new textures. So Fiamma is nearly one and she quite enjoys exploring different textures. So what you want to do with this Pastina is you don't want to cook it fully yet. Because you want to cook the courgette and the egg as well. So you want to, I would say 4-5 minutes, so it's not quite Al Dente but it's almost getting there.

I'm just gonna have a little taste. Yep ok, so while that's cooking I'm going to grate some Parmesan and mum will you grate the courgette. We're gonna use half a courgette so we keep skin on because all the goodness and the nutrients are in the skin Ok Mich, here we go.

That's a lot of courgette, did you do more than half?! I think I did a bit more. I won't put all that in then In that goes, and that's gonna cook for about 2-3 minutes. Give it a little stir and what you want to happen is you want all the water to be absorbed because this isn't meant to be a soup, it's meant to be like a little Pepena. But as that courgette cooks It's gonna release a lot of the nutrients into the water, which will then get absorbed by the pasta. So into this we're gonna add the yolk of one egg and make sure you whisk it well.

There you go, so that's going to cook in a matter of... well seconds probably. and then into there is gonna be a tablespoon of parmesan and a tablespoon of Olive Oil. and a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil. We loved this as toddlers. It's just full of flavour. You can see here it has got liquid bhecause you don't want it to be dry. You know if it's dry it's really hard to swallow for a little baby and you can drain away a bit of the water if it's too runny, depending on the age of your baby and what it's used to eating really. So I'm just gonna put that into a little bowl. There we go it's done. Time to serve to Fiamma So that is a family favourite, it's our Chiappa family baby pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment